Tuesday, July 20, 2010

My Rock

Yesterday, as my mother-in-law were talking about some things, she said, "Jamie, you have always been a rock." When she said that, internally I cringed. Because, frankly, I'd put myself in the "marshamallow," "fluffy white cloud," or "pillowy" category. I feel like when troubles come along, my insides turn into something akin to shattered glass. My rock-like "ness" is nothing but a shiny facade.
But her words brought to my mind a scripture I have loved for a long time.

Psalm 18:
1 I love you, Lord;

you are my strength.

2 The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior;

my God is my Rock, in whom I find protection.

He is my Shield, the Power that saves me,

and my place of Safety.


This past Sunday the song "Rock of Ages" was the song I couldn't get off my brain. How great is our God and mighty is his faithfulness!
Have a great Tuesday resting on the Rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment