Monday, April 19, 2010

It's not your good life that saves folks

Hey all! At church last night, a lady missionary spoke and just blessed my heart....so much I wanted to share something she said to us that really caused my spirit to stir. I'll share it with you and we can just see how the Lord talks to all of us!

This lady had spent her entire life on the international mission field...raising 4 children I might add. She'd been in Africa, Indonesia, Vietnam, Slovokia ...a few other places.

She said, referring to our (the church at large) ministries, that "your good life doesn't save people. The gospel is what saves people." Or something like that. But I knew what she meant. She specifically mentioned an example of someone who might take a dish to a neighbor and she said that if we didn't use that opportunity to share God's word or Jesus in some way, when we left, that person may say "What a good person." And that's not the point.

She said we should use our good works to share Jesus, intentionally, share His word. That it was the Word that quickens the dead. The Word would have an eternal impact. Aint that the truth?

It really got me to thinking and feeling convicted about my ministries. I need to use those "good works" to share God's Word intentionally to the unsaved. And the Spirit will use the Word to quicken the spiritually dead.

She talked about churches today that had lots of programs for the people inside the walls, and we HAD to start getting outside the walls. She also said we should NEVER stop sharing God. We're never too old or young. She wasn't criticizing, she was just sharing what she beleived to be true. And I appreciated what she had to say.

It was really great. I know there's a bigger conversation at work there, but what she had to say was so simple and she was one of those people that had energy for days.

Her testimony was great - please say a prayer as she continues relentlessly sharing God in her "retirement." Her name is Ms. Turman...I think Joyce, but I couldn't promise you.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment